Monday, September 7, 2009

6000 times

Repetition is going on in me all the time. It plays a major role in constructing identity and maintaining a continuous sense of self.

When I repeat things, I get good at them. So I need to pay attention to what I repeat. The Ancient Mariner is helping me to avoid repeating unhelpful things like resentment and grumbling.

Practising with others this week, I had a new insight into trusting the process. All I have to do is repeat and pay attention, then learning takes place. I don't have to DO memorising, just repeat with attention.


Now it was all instruments,
And now a single flute,
And now it is an angel's song
That makes the heaven's be mute.

At Karuna in the Blue Mountains, I enjoyed the earling morning light in the bushland. Every day at 7.00am on the short walk to the hall there was the morning light.

No comments: